Renault Forums :: Independent Renault forum - View Single Post - Renault Clio 2 - Rear Door Lock Problems

View Single Post
post #35 of (permalink) Old 24th March 2011
Diamond member
Nominated 0 Times in 4 Posts
TOTW/F/M Award(s): 0
Re: Renault Clio 2 - Rear Door Lock Problems

I'm not sure if you've got the same problem. It may be that the central locking is at fault here but what I'd suggest is you try the first part of the resolution I posted, especially if you think the child lock could have been on.

Get a fairly long piece of plastic, about 40cm x 20-30 cm, I cut the longest side from a 1 litre milk carton. Wind the window of the offending door down, and from the outside, starting just below the window, slide the plastic sheet in. Once home, try the inner door handle, if it doesn't work the first time, try again, moving down the door the width of the plastic strip at a time, trying the inner door handle each time.

If you get about 2/3's the way down the door and its still locked, its got to be a central locking issue, and to resolve that without opening the door is I'm afraid not something I've dealt with.

If, the door does come open, then its a case of onto the rest of the post to make the repair. Also, while you're at it, check the central locking solenoid is working, you should hear a noise in the door when you engage it. If no, disconnect, clean connections, re-connect and try again. I still no go, a new central locking solenoid will probably be required.

Sorry but that's the best I can manage.
For the best viewing experience please update your browser to Google Chrome