Renault Forums :: Independent Renault forum - View Single Post - Renault Clio 2 - Bonnet Catch Failures

View Single Post
post #1044 of (permalink) Old 25th March 2011
Platinum member
Nominated 0 Times in 1 Post
Nominated TOTW/F/M Award(s): 2
Re: Renault Clio 2 - Bonnet Catch Failures

Originally Posted by ekmj View Post
Hi All, Im a new user of the site. Wow there's a lot of faulty bonnets out there!! Mine flew up while I was doing 70mph on outside lane of M4 2 weeks ago, car a total loss windscreen gone, sunroof gone, roof buckled and inside light whacked me on head. If Im honest I'm furious I've had my 2004 clio for 5 years and have not recieved a recall notice and because of this I have lost my NCB on insurance and the have tried to award me a measley amount to composate! In a round about way I just wanted to ask if anyone has or if anyone knows of anyone who have taken Renault on for this? I have instructed a solicitor, but before I proceed I would really like to know any outcomes, or if its a total waste of my time!

Thanks all
I'm sorry to hear about yet another failure;

I don't know if Meesh took them to court but it sounded like was going to because she even went to Watchdog. Maybe if you sent her a pm she might tell how far she managed to take her case. Your home insurance might cover you if you want to instruct a solicitor; Heaven knows this is not a unique event but Renault have solicitors too and a lorra, lorra clout. Read some posts from Meesh, Brigatti and yours truly for some insight. Good luck.

Confucius he say "Wise Inuit never eats yellow snow"
Currently in vass20's garage:
Citroen Relay 2.2 HDi + Citroen C4 1.6 HDi EGS
For the best viewing experience please update your browser to Google Chrome