Renault Forums :: Independent Renault forum - View Single Post - Motorway Madness - A Rant

View Single Post
post #5 of (permalink) Old 26th March 2011 Thread Starter
Nominated 0 Times in 0 Posts
TOTW/F/M Award(s): 0
Re: Motorway Madness - A Rant

Originally Posted by Pat.w View Post

Reading the bit on the unconfident drivers, I can't help thinking that a lot of this comes fronm the fact that nobody is taught to drive on a motorway properly. I think it's a bit daft that someone can pass the driving test here, then go onto a busy motorway that evening in torrential rain in the dark and all is expected to be good

We do all make mistakes tho .... nobody has ever accused me of being under confident in a car (perhaps the opposite ) but I have made my fair share of mistakes at junctions and been in the wrong lane at the wrong time as I'm sure almost everybody has. Local knowledge is a wonderful thing
Yeah agreed there. I've read my thread title again and it does seem I am a self-important model driver. I AM NOT. I have written off every car I have ever owned :loser: - except my Megane (so far, touch wood, thud-thud). I am far from a perfect driver but I see others who are far worse than me, and this is what winds me up.

As for extra tuition on the motorways - it is available, but of course, you have to pay for it
Currently in Swipey's garage:
2008 Ford Focus
For the best viewing experience please update your browser to Google Chrome