Renault Forums :: Independent Renault forum - View Single Post - Fuel Consumption problem?

View Single Post
post #5 of (permalink) Old 26th March 2011 Thread Starter
Nominated 0 Times in 0 Posts
TOTW/F/M Award(s): 0
Re: Fuel Consumption problem?

Im back! (Anyone subscribed to this? )

Sorry for the delay but my girlfriend and I had a baby in February so we've had our hands pretty full lately!

Right, the problems I had with my Scenic were 'fixed'! The smell of fuel and ultimately the very low mpg was down to the fuel leak off pipe having split but there were no fuel patches on the drive as it was leaking on to the starter motor so they both had to be replaced.

I don't think I mentioned the crunching noise I experienced when going over speedbumps did I? Anyway, that was 2 anti roll bar bushels having perished so they needed replacing.

All of the problems I had were apparently fixed by Benfield Renault free of charge (I actually only paid £50 towards the cost but they originally said they would cover the costs due to me only owning the car for about 2 months when the problems started and then they told me they wouldn't pay for it as it wasn't covered under their 'most excellent' used car warranty and that it would cost £750 to fix!!).

My mpg is still very low 'around the doors', I'm only getting 36mpg and this was after I took it back AGAIN and they changed the oil and oil filter and did an engine flush and cleaned the injectors!

I've never had as much bother with a car as I have with this one and I'm getting pretty damn sick of it! When I bought it, the saleswoman told me I would get 55mpg around the doors and 60ish mpg on a run and since buying it last September, the highest I've ever had it for a reasonable period of time is 47mpg! If this is what they tell you to get a sale then its very bad crack!

They say that their diagnostics aren't showing any other faults so if I'm still having the same problems in a weeks time when a Renault UK Customer Services Manager rings me back, they've offered to take the car off me for a week or so so they can drive it about to see what mpg they get!

What do you think?
Currently in zipman23's garage:
2007 Scenic 1.5 dCi 106 Dynamique
For the best viewing experience please update your browser to Google Chrome