Renault Forums :: Independent Renault forum - View Single Post - Fuel Consumption problem?

View Single Post
post #9 of (permalink) Old 28th March 2011 Thread Starter
Nominated 0 Times in 0 Posts
TOTW/F/M Award(s): 0
Re: Fuel Consumption problem?

Originally Posted by Haree View Post

sorry to hear of the problems your having with your Scenic. I have myself driven on a long distance run the 1.5 DCI 106 scenic and can easily get mid 50's MPG driving at a steady 70mph with the air con on. There are many factors which could be why you are getting low MPG, one which may be your driving style. Out of interest at 30 mph what gear are you generally in?

At 30mph, I drive in 4th gear. Is that wrong for a diesel? My mpg has gone up to 40ish over the weekend as I have been doing abit higher speeds/longer distances than normal but I can guarantee that it will drop again! I don't horse my cars about and I've never used the A/C.

I normally let the engine brake itself rather than using the brake pedal and when I'm on a run, I put it in 6th gear around 65mph and stick the cruise control on.

I'm also going on holiday to Newquay in July and will be driving down (450 miles) so I'm interested to see what mpg I'll get from that but can't really afford to wait til then!

This is my first diesel car so if there are any pointers you can give me as to how to drive it differently to a petrol car then please feel free to tell me

Currently in zipman23's garage:
2007 Scenic 1.5 dCi 106 Dynamique
For the best viewing experience please update your browser to Google Chrome