Renault Forums :: Independent Renault forum - View Single Post - Motorway Madness - A Rant

View Single Post
post #23 of (permalink) Old 29th March 2011
Diamond member
Nominated 0 Times in 1 Post
TOTW/F/M Award(s): 0
Re: Motorway Madness - A Rant

Originally Posted by VelSatisfied View Post
Simple solution to that - you have at least a 1/4 mile to get your car up to a speed higher than their 56mph = if you (or your vehicle can't) then choose an alternative route (my van does it quite comfortably).

I'm a great believer of a minimum speed limit for each lane - that would cure a lot of the inappropriate driving & congestion that I witness.

I understand what you're saying, but am I really the only person to come down a slip road to find a 56mph line of lorrys filling that 1/4 mile (it doesn't take many). If they're stuck in the inside lane then where do I go? I know what I think of the driver who thinks my safe gap from the vehicle in front is a space I've left for them to change lane into thus making me a tailgater, just means I have to back off the go-pedal to get my gap back!

I Kind of agree with a minimum speed limits as I don't enjoy following a Nissan Micra along the middle lane at 50mph but I can't see a minimum limit stopping that any more than I can see it stopping Mr Fast coming up behind me at three figures flashing his lights as I'm not in breaking the sound barrier in the outside lane (which is most annoying when I'm just driving at the same speed as the hundred or so other cars in the outside lane which he'll have to tailgate and flash out of the way before he makes any serious progress).
Currently in rockingbird's garage:
2007 Espace 2.016v Techrun
For the best viewing experience please update your browser to Google Chrome