Renault Forums :: Independent Renault forum - View Single Post - Motorway Madness - A Rant

View Single Post
post #28 of (permalink) Old 29th March 2011
Diamond member
Nominated 1 Time in 1 Post
TOTW/F/M Award(s): 0
Re: Motorway Madness - A Rant

My 60 mile journey to work consists of negotiating Swindon town centre, the A420 to Oxford, the A34 from Oxford to Bicester and then the A41 from Bicester to Aylesbury.

A420 - biggest issue is bikers and impatient German made, LED festooned cars. Most of the road is a 50mph limit and its a daily occurance to get stuck behind a lorry doing 40mph (the legal speed on a normal road). These drivers insist on weaving in and out of traffic trying to make up time, cutting people up and almost causing numerous accidents.

A34 - two gripes with this - the first being people who cannot get up to speed on the slip road and then stop at the end of it. It is a merging lane! My second gripe - everyone sits in the overtaking lane at 60 dithering about, not actually overtaking anything because lane 1 is empty for a mile in either direction. This has since become my "private" lane

A41 - mainly the same issues as the A420, except its 15 miles of national speed limit, yet delivery drivers and the LED German cars think it is their private racetrack.

I too see lots of people with phones jammed to their heads, people not having a clue where they are going and ones who have no ability to look ahead and read the road conditions before they get there.
Currently in philipjohnson82's garage:
'55 SAAB 9-3 150 TiD / '04 BMW M3
For the best viewing experience please update your browser to Google Chrome