Renault Forums :: Independent Renault forum - View Single Post - Renault Laguna II - Phase 1 - Engines - Average MPG from 1.9 DCi Engine

View Single Post
post #242 of (permalink) Old 30th March 2011
Nominated 0 Times in 0 Posts
TOTW/F/M Award(s): 0
Re: Renault Laguna II - Phase 1 - Engines - Average MPG from 1.9 DCi Engine

Originally Posted by skunksmash View Post
im getting about 39.8 mpg on motorway runs (300 + miles) & about 34mpg around town...???

not sure if these reading are right as i dont reset the trip comp when i fill up...

how do i reset it...????

please / thankyou!!
RESET Select mpg, button on end of wiper controls, Press reset button, black button sticking out of display when showing mpg.

I drive 1.9 DCI 120 bhp on average I get around 40 mpg long journeys as I do over take slower traffic when opportunity arises. Around town about 34 mpg. Iím happy with this as it a good mixture of mpg vs performance.
I reckon if I drove with less pressure on the skinny pedal I could better these figures.
If I reset the trip while driving on motor way it shows mid 50ís mpg @ 70mph in 6th going down a slight incline 60 + mpg and going up a slight incline it will drop back to 50 but I donít consider this a true reflection of average miles as obviously the turbo isnít getting a chance to have a good drink of diesel.... lol To get a true reflection of average mpg it must be measured over time.
When I accelerate the turbo comes in to its own drinking diesel as it accelerates the car to the desired speed and this has to eat into the mpg. So unless some of you are driving on a round circuit never breaking or accelerating I canít see even the most careful driver getting more than 50.
My reported miles per gallon is reflected at the fuel pumps when I fill up.
Currently in tomshine's garage:
2001 Renault Laguna II 1.9dCi - 2001 Jeep Grand Cherokee Diesel - Megane 1.4 16V
The Following User Says Thank You to tomshine For This Useful Post:
skunksmash (31st March 2011)
For the best viewing experience please update your browser to Google Chrome