Renault Forums :: Independent Renault forum - View Single Post - The Little Things You Love & Hate About Your Car!

View Single Post
post #1 of (permalink) Old 2nd April 2011 Thread Starter
Nominated 0 Times in 0 Posts
TOTW/F/M Award(s): 0
Question The Little Things You Love & Hate About Your Car!

It's sometimes the simple things in life that make you smile... or cry with frustration.

What are the small, petty, thoughtful or stupid things on your motor?

Mine is as follows:

• The fact that the START|STOP button has a special kind of paint/coating on it so the text doesn't wear with constant touching, like a gear knob for example
  • Automatic headlamps & windscreen wipers... how on earth will I cope with my next motor that doesn't have this function?
  • The fact that I can lock my car by touching the internal Renault diamond on my boot thanks to the keyless entry system... and probably make myself look a plonker in the process

• The annoying little 'squeal' warning sound when the petrol light comes on whilst I'm on the motorway which never fails to mack me cack my pants - even though I should never allow the petrol light to come on - but we're not all perfect, are we?!
  • Having to take the flippin' wheel off to gain access to a flap in the wheel arch just to change a headlamp bulb... what's all that about???
  • The pointless tyre sensors which are meant to light up on the car icon display on the dashbord should they be under the recommended psi... think mine went long ago and Renault have informed me that the sensors cost 40 and the special valves 25... per wheel. Think a trip to the tyre air box every time I fill up should suffice, me thinks!

What about yours?
Currently in Swipey's garage:
2008 Ford Focus
  5 Lastest Threads by Swipey
Thread Forum Last Poster Replies Views Last Post
RIP My Megane - Advice Needed! General Chat monkydoo 9 1784 11th July 2012 02:20 PM
The Little Things You Love & Hate About Your... Cars & motoring dave_mezza2006 7 1669 2nd April 2011 12:20 PM
Megane Dashboard Mileage Range Interiors VelSatisfied 4 3611 2nd April 2011 11:32 AM
Motorway Madness - A Rant Cars & motoring datostar 38 7645 26th March 2011 12:00 PM
Gutted!!! General Chat madnoel10 11 3815 25th March 2011 07:02 AM
For the best viewing experience please update your browser to Google Chrome