Join Date: Mar 2011
Nominated 0 Times in 0 Posts
TOTW/F/M Award(s): 0
Thanked 0 Times in 0 Posts
The Little Things You Love & Hate About Your Car!
It's sometimes the simple things in life that make you smile... or cry with frustration.
What are the small, petty, thoughtful or stupid things on your motor?
Mine is as follows:
- The fact that the START|STOP button has a special kind of paint/coating on it so the text doesn't wear with constant touching, like a gear knob for example
- Automatic headlamps & windscreen wipers... how on earth will I cope with my next motor that doesn't have this function?
- The fact that I can lock my car by touching the internal Renault diamond on my boot thanks to the keyless entry system... and probably make myself look a plonker in the process
- The annoying little 'squeal' warning sound when the petrol light comes on whilst I'm on the motorway which never fails to mack me cack my pants - even though I should never allow the petrol light to come on - but we're not all perfect, are we?!
- Having to take the flippin' wheel off to gain access to a flap in the wheel arch just to change a headlamp bulb... what's all that about???
- The pointless tyre sensors which are meant to light up on the car icon display on the dashbord should they be under the recommended psi... think mine went long ago and Renault have informed me that the sensors cost £40 and the special valves £25... per wheel. Think a trip to the tyre air box every time I fill up should suffice, me thinks!
What about yours?
Currently in Swipey's garage:
2008 Ford Focus