Renault Forums :: Independent Renault forum - View Single Post - Megane 1 boot not closing

View Single Post
post #1 of (permalink) Old 4th April 2011 Thread Starter
Nominated 0 Times in 0 Posts
TOTW/F/M Award(s): 0
Megane 1 boot not closing

This is a FYI type thread rather than my usual question asking

I noticed the other day that the boot on my Megane was not closing. On further inspection I found that the latch had fallen down inside the plastic casing meaning that the locking mechanism had nothing to make contact with. I took the casing off and found that the original plastic lugs that hold the latch in place had broken into several pieces leaving the latch free to move around.

A quick call to Renault showed that this was going to be expensive to replace, 61 for a complete latch as they do not sell the components separately. After picking my chin off the floor I decided to start researching alternative fixes and stumbled across these in a local Halfords:

The 8mm grommets fit snuggly over the ends of the latch and, with a bit of lining up, fit perfectly into the recesses. A bit of a bargain at less than 2!

I'll try and post some pictures later.

Currently in oliverivorybray's garage:
2001 MG ZS 120+
  5 Lastest Threads by oliverivorybray
Thread Forum Last Poster Replies Views Last Post
Megane 1 boot not closing Bodywork oliverivorybray 0 1562 4th April 2011 03:54 PM
Dash removal - How much pain? Interiors oliverivorybray 2 922 21st March 2011 11:55 AM
Really need some help/advice Heating & cooling oliverivorybray 0 885 2nd March 2011 08:57 PM
Part number needed Wheels & tyres oliverivorybray 0 792 28th February 2011 11:00 AM
How do Welcome to RenaultForums oliverivorybray 2 705 23rd February 2011 03:59 PM
For the best viewing experience please update your browser to Google Chrome