Renault Forums :: Independent Renault forum - View Single Post - Replace front bumper on Megane 11 05 oasis

View Single Post
post #3 of (permalink) Old 5th April 2011
Nominated 0 Times in 1 Post
TOTW/F/M Award(s): 0
Talking Re: Replace front bumper on Megane 11 05 oasis

Originally Posted by susankelly02 View Post
Hiya thanx for your help I managed to collide with my garden wall, and severely damage my front bumper, I have been give a quote of 500 to have it repaired which I cant do, I need to remove the bumper and replace it with a cheaper one, diy, can anyone give me or direct me to how its done thankyou Sue
Hi Sue,
I can tell you how to remove the front bumper but depending on how hard you hit the wall you may have structual damage to the car. Mind you you would still need to remove the old bumper to confirm this anyway.

Here is a guide with pictures that will help.
You will basically need to remove the screws from the front of both wheel arches. Then remove the 4 screws under the bumper followed by the platic clips under the bonnet. (use the tip of a small philips screw driver to push the centre of the clips in and simply lift them out.)

You can find loads of replacement bumpers either on ebay or scrap yards you may even find one the samecolour as yours if your lucky.

I hope this helps

Currently in garryvincent's garage:
2004 Renault Megane CC II 1.9dCi
The Following 2 Users Say Thank You to garryvincent For This Useful Post:
stewartw (5th April 2011), VelSatisfied (5th April 2011)
For the best viewing experience please update your browser to Google Chrome