Renault Forums :: Independent Renault forum - View Single Post - How to install electric mirrors on Renault Clio MK2?

View Single Post
post #1 of (permalink) Old 7th April 2011 Thread Starter
Nominated 0 Times in 0 Posts
TOTW/F/M Award(s): 0
Question How to install electric mirrors on Renault Clio MK2?

Hi All,

I have a 2005 Renault Clio Extreme 4, which I am fitting with a set of electric mirrors.

Unfortunately, as both the wiring and the actual main yellow connector differ from the electric version, I was unable to simply swap the wiring.

Equipped with the Haynes manual, I have now successfully installed driver's electric mirror.

I am now faced with installing the passanger's mirror. The problem I have is that there is no wiring for the electric mirror installed on that side. Hence my question.

1) What would be the easiest way to wire up passenger mirror?
(my thought was to lead an insulated wire under the bonnet and then through to passengers door.)

2) There is also no electrics for the mirror heating.
Do you reckon the best option is to draw the mirror heating from the wire which supplies heating to the rear window?
In your view, would it be better to leave heating permanently on or install a little switch in the driver's door?

Any relevant advice will be gratefully received.

Many thanks.
Currently in bengal007's garage:
2005 Renault Clio 1.2V16.
  5 Lastest Threads by bengal007
Thread Forum Last Poster Replies Views Last Post
How to install electric mirrors on Renault Clio... Bodywork Jack Kangoo 2 3196 7th April 2011 10:18 AM
Renault Clio MK2 2005. Replacement front grill.... Bodywork bengal007 0 2365 17th November 2010 03:40 PM
2005 Renault Clio 1.2 v16. Reducing fuel... Engines stevekz 2 4631 18th July 2010 08:45 PM
For the best viewing experience please update your browser to Google Chrome