Renault Forums :: Independent Renault forum - View Single Post - Clio 2006 Jacking points??

View Single Post
post #2 of (permalink) Old 7th April 2011
S.M.A.R.T.(y) Pants
Nominated 11 Times in 37 Posts
Nominated TOTW/F/M Award(s): 17
Thanked 2,467 Times in 1,851 Posts
Re: Clio 2006 Jacking points??

Hi there and welcome.

I regularly have to raise all varieties of cars in my line of work, and if there is no obvious point (which I'm guessing not - hence the question), then its a case of tapping your knuckles under the car and listening for the tell-tale thud of a solid beam/chassis rail.

Just ensure that the 'cup' of the trolley jack stays central to this point and only lift the car the minimum height you need to perform the intended operation.

I don't know if its a tyre change or something which will take longer, but if its more than a wheel swap, always use an axle stand on a stout part of the steering arm, just in case the jack fails.

Needless to say, jack on a level bit of solid ground.

This job should never be complete - the day I think I've done it all, is the day I resign.

S.M.A.R.T. Technician
Currently in VelSatisfied's garage:
2005 FIAT Ducato 2.8JTD LWB Gran Volume, 2000 Kawasaki ZZR 1100 D7 'fullpower' in black + full GIVI & KAPPA luggage, 2007 MB R-Class 320 CDi Sport LWB uprated by Brabus to 300Bhp don't know if there's a 155mph limiter - will be fun finding out! 2004 Mercedes Vaneo 1.7 CDi Ambiente 7-seater
For the best viewing experience please update your browser to Google Chrome