Renault Forums :: Independent Renault forum - View Single Post - Megane CC Parcel shelf not going down ahead of the boot! Please help

View Single Post
post #3 of (permalink) Old 7th April 2011 Thread Starter
Nominated 0 Times in 1 Post
TOTW/F/M Award(s): 0
Re: Megane CC Parcel shelf not going down ahead of the boot! Please help

Originally Posted by andyellis111 View Post
Hi there,

We had the same problem in our Peugeot about a year ago.

By parcel shelf, do you mean the plastic trim behind the rear headrests?

Make sure there's nothing blocking the movement in the boot or wherever the mechanism sits.

With ours, I checked that there was nothing blocking the joints in the boot, then got my girlfriend the hold the button down to operate the roof, while I pushed the trim down myself in time for the boot lid to come down.

We then tested it a few times and all seemed ok, never done it since.

Failing that, perhaps the joints need greasing or something is wrong with the motor?

Hope you get it sorted,
Hi thanks for the reply yes its the plastic trim behind the rear headrests. I've had to get my girlfriend to do the same as you did but I have to keep doing it every time i put the roof down. I cant see anything blocking it though. It goes all the way then seems to stall then the boot overtakes it before it continues either its stalling or just not starting soon enough I can't tell. It finally closes but on top of the boot instead of under it. I will have another look though to see if I have missed something.

I'm not sure where the motor is or where to grease any ideas?

Currently in garryvincent's garage:
2004 Renault Megane CC II 1.9dCi
For the best viewing experience please update your browser to Google Chrome