Renault Forums :: Independent Renault forum - View Single Post - Megane CC Parcel shelf not going down ahead of the boot! Please help

View Single Post
post #5 of (permalink) Old 8th April 2011
Diamond member
Nominated 0 Times in 0 Posts
Nominated TOTW/F/M Award(s): 1
Re: Megane CC Parcel shelf not going down ahead of the boot! Please help

You don't see an awful lot with the rear seat out of the Meg CC , the motors seem to be more exposed when the roof is opening and the plastic shelf is in the upright postion, you may have some slack in one of the cables perhaps.
Open your roof but when the shelf is upright take your finger off the roof button, leave engine running otherwise roof will move again after 5 mins I think, I don't think it does it when the engine is running, just be aware they do either open or close depending on where you stopped it after a set period of inactivity, but once you have this shelf upright you can see the mechanism that operates it, perhaps with the rear seats out and the rear seat back plate off (if it comes off) you may see more.
to get the seat out you need to drop roof 1st, the base pops up out of 3 clips one in the center then one either side of it find them and give a pull in that area, the rear seat is bolted in place at the top, you have to remove two plastic covers on the same plane as the headrests you can't miss the caps they also have a small flap that moves for the roof bars, inside there you will find a torx bolt one on either side once they are out, remove the seat belt bolts as you will need to feed them through the slots in the rear seat, once the seat belt bolts are out and belts free the rear seat lifts up and away, sorry didn't pay much attention to the rest of the rear seating as I was after the rear window reg, so not sure if that metal panel comes away to expose more. I belive the rear head rests are bolted to it. if you get a fix don't forget to post it there are a few CC owners with this problem.
Currently in christopherM's garage:
Megane CC 1.9Dci 2004 & Megane Coupe 1.4 16v 1999
For the best viewing experience please update your browser to Google Chrome