Renault Forums :: Independent Renault forum - View Single Post - Megane CC Parcel shelf not going down ahead of the boot! Please help

View Single Post
post #7 of (permalink) Old 9th April 2011 Thread Starter
Nominated 0 Times in 1 Post
TOTW/F/M Award(s): 0
Re: Megane CC Parcel shelf not going down ahead of the boot! Please help

Originally Posted by garryvincent View Post
Thanks a lot for the info and help

It's a nice sunny day so no better time to see if I can fix it. I will keep everyone updated so fingers crossed here I go!
I tried but I had to go somewhere so I had to stop but......

I can see the two cables on either side that seem to control the shelf.
From what I can see the outer cable ie nearest to bodywork controls the shelf when the roof is going up and pulls the two outer sections out of the way before lowering the shelf once the roof is closed.

The iner cables seem to be the one controlling lowering the shelf when the roof comes down.
It looks like the parcel shelf without the cables would be stuck up by what looks like a powerful spring.

The outer cables are held in place by a clip but the iner cables do have an adjustment nut on them that can be accessed when the roof is half way down but I cant seem to get a spanner on the nut to try it as the other cable is blocking my access.

I'm hoping my theory is correct has anyone any experience and managed to adjust the cables if so how did you do it?
Currently in garryvincent's garage:
2004 Renault Megane CC II 1.9dCi
For the best viewing experience please update your browser to Google Chrome