Renault Forums :: Independent Renault forum - View Single Post - Renault - Scenic II - Digital Display Flickering*Fixed*

View Single Post
post #114 of (permalink) Old 12th April 2011
Nominated 0 Times in 0 Posts
TOTW/F/M Award(s): 0
Re: Renault - Scenic II - Digital Display Flickering*Fixed*

Had the dreaded "flickering display" problem about a month ago (04 plate Scenic II).
Managed to get the screen back following some of the tips on here, but decided to phone my local Renault dealers after the fault returned in a couple of days and they arranged for me to take the car in, gave me a hire car (20 for the insurance) and they fitted the screen (100) the same day so I picked the car up that afternoon.
Mileage was 61K when the dash started to play up and got to 84K 5 days later when they took it in.
That's what they put on the work sheet copy I got back from them.
I was concerned thet this would impact any sell on as it's added 23K to the true value of the cars mileage.
I asked why they couldn't put the correct mileage back on the dash and they said they couldn't without definite proof (i.e. them seeing it first hand) as it could be conceived as "clocking".
They did say that past MOT's would be a good indicator as to the average annual mileage used though, which is fair enough I suppose, and i've printed off some of the comments on here regarding mileage problems to back up any future arguments I might have.
Thanks to the forum though, i've got a working car back for 120 instead of mega-bucks!
Currently in coachpotato's garage:
04 Scenic Authentique 1.4 16v
The Following 2 Users Say Thank You to coachpotato For This Useful Post:
adamevo (24th April 2011), supergransue (23rd April 2011)
For the best viewing experience please update your browser to Google Chrome