Renault Forums :: Independent Renault forum - View Single Post - HELLLP! bonnet stuck

View Single Post
post #6 of (permalink) Old 12th April 2011
Veteran Member
Technical Supremo
Nominated 2 Times in 20 Posts
Nominated TOTW/F/M Award(s): 18
Thanked 1,103 Times in 942 Posts
Re: HELLLP! bonnet stuck

Firstly,theres no need to keep answering your own post multiple times to try and get an answer,we will try and help you as much as we can but some of us hold down full time jobs and are unable to answer everyone with in 10 seconds of them starting a thread.

On to your problem,it sounds to me like the cable between the catch and the handle has either snapped or come adrift.Check at the lever end to see if the cable is still attatched,if it is then you will need to try and access the catch from underneath.This can be a real pain,although I'm not 100% familiar with the arrangement on the Espace 4.You will definately need to remove the engine undertray (if fitted) and then try to get to the catch and manually work the release.If that fails then you will need to try and access the catch through the grille,this is sometimes impossible to do though and you may end up having to cut/break the grille to get to the catch.

Hope that helps.

I'd rather push my Alfa than drive a BMW....
Currently in Lagdti's garage:
2004 Saab 9-5 HOT Aero and a 2001 Audi A3 1.8 Turbo
For the best viewing experience please update your browser to Google Chrome