Renault Forums :: Independent Renault forum - View Single Post - Laguna Fault History and a question or 2

View Single Post
post #9 of (permalink) Old 13th April 2011 Thread Starter
Nominated 0 Times in 0 Posts
TOTW/F/M Award(s): 0
Smile Re: Laguna Fault History and a question or 2

Andy, I am posting the result of your advice and a nice sunny day.
Indeed WD40 seemed to do the trick. A few squirts, patience then a lever here, tap there and a tug everywhere finally got the buggered bit of the EGR vv out. My goodness, what a chuffin state it was in. I also utilised the old dentist type de-scaler to hack the carbon out. The chamber between the EGR vv and inlet manifold was very nearly blocked up with cack. I hoovered a wad out as well as hacked it out. I could not believe the amount that was in there. I also noticed that what may connect the two pieces of EGR vv together are the 3 flange-type rivets that are part of the 3 bolt holes. Not exactly mega secure especially after gawd knows how many years of carbo,heat and gas!!
Anyway, cleaned it all up and did the throttle vv for good measure. Put it all back. Test drive to Hayling Island.Checked MPG. 48 at 70. 50 at 60.! Will see how that goes, but at least the old Lag has a nice new, clean EGR vv now. LOL (177.5K now). I did take some pictures to enclose with this, but I think I may have set camera with too many pixies. May try again sometime, but many thanks again for your assisstance. Heres to the next snag to sort. Regards. Dave
Currently in dave170's garage:
2001 Laguna II 1.9dCi 120
For the best viewing experience please update your browser to Google Chrome