Renault Forums :: Independent Renault forum - View Single Post - Laguna V6. To buy or not to buy?

View Single Post
post #1 of (permalink) Old 14th April 2011 Thread Starter
Diamond member
Nominated 0 Times in 1 Post
TOTW/F/M Award(s): 0
Laguna V6. To buy or not to buy?

No better audience to ask!

Here's the story. This V6 Laguna (not very many at all here in NI) has been sat in the back of dealers yard for the past 9 months after being traded in.

The passenger window fell into the door (surprise, surprise) during winter and went unnoticed for a month - hence the mould. I have been expressing interest for a while, and yesterday he handed me seven key cards and said "If the key for it is one of those, you can take it for a drive". So I attached up the battery pack and she roared into life with no fuss!

Mileage is reading 102,000. There is a reported ESP fault, one Xenon headlight is out and it is leaking oil from the oil filter. The sunroof isn't working and the passenger window is held in place by a screw driver. (New regulator required).

I pulled out on the country road, and without even trying, the beast was up to 80 MPH. Beautiful smooth gearbox, V6 was purring away and I was absolutely smitten. I've owned two Lagunas - a 1.8 and a 1.6, and it was so nice having the power and noise to complete the package of what is one of my favourite cars!

Now the price. He has it advertised for £1295 (a joke, I know). I know him quite well, and he says I can have it for £650.

I can't help thinking about what an amazing car it will be when tidied up, and I am seriously on the verge of heading up to his right now with the cash - so please respond quick!

I would love to hear about owners tackling the jobs listed above, in particular the ESP fault. Also, I am unsure about how much a xenon headlight bulb costs? I'm not worried about the fuel consumption as I'm sure V6 ownership is well worth it.

Try to look past the leaves and mould!
Currently in MéganeDynamique's garage:
Avantime 3.0 V6 24v Privilège Auto, Vel Satis 3.0 dV6 Initiale, Vel Satis 2.2 dCi Auto Privilège, Laguna II 3.0 V6 24v Dynamique, Mégane II 2.0 VVT Dynamique, Mégane 1.6 Auto Privilège+ Convertible, Clio 1.9 RT-D
  5 Lastest Threads by MéganeDynamique
Thread Forum Last Poster Replies Views Last Post
The new Mégane CC - any owners? Cars dinn 7 4814 10th June 2013 10:38 PM
Thermostat Location - '96 Clio Diesel Engines madnoel10 3 1163 16th March 2013 09:39 PM
Megane II - Xenon headlight fault Electronics dave_mezza2006 7 5613 27th January 2013 03:54 PM
3.0 V6 24v - Which Oil? Engines MéganeDynamique 2 1226 25th September 2012 12:24 PM
For the best viewing experience please update your browser to Google Chrome