Renault Forums :: Independent Renault forum - View Single Post - Which Espace?

Thread: Which Espace?
View Single Post
post #4 of (permalink) Old 14th April 2011
Big Dav
Diamond member
Nominated 2 Times in 3 Posts
TOTW/F/M Award(s): 0
Re: Which Espace?

Hi Mike, the early Mk3 had a load space/cargo net but it was discontinued through that models run and was horrifically dexpensive. I am not aware of there being one for the new Mk4 but that does n ot mean one doesn't exist - I've not looked for one for thde Mk4.
The way the seat system works is the floor has rails/runners which accomodate the lock bars with spring loaded feet attached to the seats which clip into the loking bars. as the Mk4 seats have the inertia reel seat belts incorporated in the seat it does make the seats very heavy to remove and has been the deciding factor in some peoples choice of car purchase. The rear seats would fit facing rearwards but it is not ebcouraged in the manuals if the vehicle is being driven with a rear facing passenger!
The seat backs of the drivers and front passenger seats are most likely fitted with picnic trays. All rear seats are recline adjustable and rake adjustable also featuring a level seat back when folded to make either an individual table or a larger table deopending on how many seats you wish to position like that.
Height adjustable headrestraints exist on all seats.
Accwss to the rearmost seats is gained by ti[pping either of the outer middle row seats forward.

Fuel consumption could also feature in a buyers choice - my 2 litre is doing approx 18mpg on a half mile school run trip from cold, which includes an uphill gradient, however on a run at 70mph I expect to see 36-38mpg with ease. To obtain an idea of how economical a prospective purchase may be, with theignition on and engine running, press the button on the end of the windscreen wiper stalk, gthrough the various readouts until you obtain the mpg from the last reset - hopefully the seller would not have reset the ciomputer to give an undeterminable readout - if the cars trip odometer, also selected in the mentioned scrolling method, has more than 100miles showing then yoou could be getting a near accurate readouyt of fuel consumption but the driving environment/style of driving could vary that figure tremendously.

Hope the foregoing is of some help.
Currently in Big Dav's garage:
2010 Renault Espace 2.0dci
For the best viewing experience please update your browser to Google Chrome