Renault Forums :: Independent Renault forum - View Single Post - Renault Clio 2 - Bonnet Catch Failures

View Single Post
post #1046 of (permalink) Old 16th April 2011
Nominated 0 Times in 0 Posts
TOTW/F/M Award(s): 0
Unhappy Re: Renault Clio 2 - Bonnet Catch Failures

I have a 52 reg clio which has the same problem with the bonnet catch, however it has never flown open YET. It does however constantly pop up when i am driving at any speed, like when you pull the lever up but luckily it has never completely opened. I was only aware that it had been recalled when i took it into renault for another problem as I too had not received a letter about it. I took my car into renault last week as my bonnet would not shut properly and after an hour of waiting around they came back to tell me that couldn't do the recall as my bonnet was not in line. If you look at it it's all in line but because I have panel damage on the side from when another person owned it, they will not sort the bonnet catch out unless I pay to get panel sorted. The car isn't worth spending lots of money to get a panel sorted when it wasn't anything to do with me in the first place.
I am now waiting for the catch to go completely when I am driving and for renault to say there's nothing they can do. They were fine with sending me off in a car with a bonnet which doesn't shut properly knowing that there have been all of these problems!
Currently in beanie1985's garage:
2002 renault clio 1.2
For the best viewing experience please update your browser to Google Chrome