Renault Forums :: Independent Renault forum - View Single Post - Renault Clio 2003 - Engines - Loss of power and Warning Light

View Single Post
post #157 of (permalink) Old 18th April 2011
The Professor
Nominated 0 Times in 0 Posts
TOTW/F/M Award(s): 0
Re: Renault Clio 2003 - Engines - Loss of power and Warning Light

Is your MIL light constantly illuminated? My ongoing struggle with this problem is pointing away from the coil pack...
Symptoms - engine runs smoothly on starting then suddenly goes into 'limp mode' after about 30 -45 seconds.
Electrical fault light illuminates no MIL light.
Read DTC's using EngineCheck through ELM327 interface to the OBDII diagnostic socket - no DTC's stored.
Engine running slow and rough, disconnect MAP sensor , engine continues to run roughly.
Re-connect MAP sensor , engine picks up and runs smoothly, but idle at around 1,000rpm, slight hunting, electrical fault light extinguishes. Engine responds to throttle normally.
Put load on engine by driving off - back in to 'limp mode'.
I've got a new MAP sensor on order to see if that sorts it, although there is a useful test procedure on another Renault forum that would confirm it - if the probes on my multimeter were a bit more suitable for getting around the wiring...
I've got EngineCheck from Gendan - you can download a 'light' version that'll read the DTC's and clear them for free. The useful graphing functions for more advanced diagnostics are in the paid for version.
For the best viewing experience please update your browser to Google Chrome