Renault Forums :: Independent Renault forum - View Single Post - Where's my Scenic?

View Single Post
post #8 of (permalink) Old 18th April 2011 Thread Starter
Nominated 0 Times in 0 Posts
TOTW/F/M Award(s): 0
Re: Where's my Scenic?

Well, it is now 18th April and I still haven't got my new Scenic! On 4th April after I had returned from a short holiday I expected to find that my car would be ready, but No! My dealer advised me that it is still held up at the Port of entry - Teesport. Apparently new Renaults get a thorough technical check before being released to the Dealer and allegedly, there is a technical fault with the rear axle. I telephoned Renault Customer Service, as clearly this situation is unacceptable with a new vehicle that hasn't even been on the road. How come the factory didn't find this fault? RCS advised me that it is not just my car, but a whole population of new Scenics with the same problem. I checked with RCS again today 2 weeks later for an update and they are still unable to tell me exactly what the problem is. Anyone had experience of a similar scenario before? I have this mental picture of some joe on the dockside at Teesport with a screwdriver messing with my new car......shakes your confidence a bit, I would say. I shall insist on a full explanation as to what the problem was and how it has been resolved and by whom, before I agree to accept the car. Anything else I can do, as it isn't the Dealer's fault?
For the best viewing experience please update your browser to Google Chrome