Join Date: Jul 2006
Nominated 11 Times in 37 Posts
TOTW/F/M Award(s): 17
Thanked 2,467 Times in 1,851 Posts
Re: Renault Warranty
he did not read the small print.
TBH, that's the case with ALL warranties...
Make sure you are comparing like with like, and not just looking at the premium cost.
Things you should be looking at;
- Where can a repair be performed
- Do I need pre-authorisation from warranty company before the repair is carried out
- Do I need to pay the bill & claim it back
- Does the car need servicing at their stipulated intervals, or will the manufacturer's intervals suffice
- What items are covered
- What items aren't covered
- Is there an age/mileage limit on certain components
- Is consequential damage covered
- Is the balance of the warranty either transferrable to the next owner (or my next car)
- What is the claim limit/labour rate limit per claim
- How many claims can be made
Quite a lot to take in, but these should cover any 'loopholes' hidden in the small print, and allow a fair & balanced decision to be made.
This job should never be complete - the day I think I've done it all, is the day I resign.
Currently in VelSatisfied's garage:
2005 FIAT Ducato 2.8JTD LWB Gran Volume, 2000 Kawasaki ZZR 1100 D7 'fullpower' in black + full GIVI & KAPPA luggage, 2007 MB R-Class 320 CDi Sport LWB uprated by Brabus to 300Bhp don't know if there's a 155mph limiter - will be fun finding out! 2004 Mercedes Vaneo 1.7 CDi Ambiente 7-seater