Renault Forums :: Independent Renault forum - View Single Post - should i buy a grand espace 3.0 dci help ??

View Single Post
post #26 of (permalink) Old 22nd April 2011
d'espace between my ears
Diamond member
Nominated 0 Times in 3 Posts
Nominated TOTW/F/M Award(s): 2
Re: should i buy a grand espace 3.0 dci help ??

in case anyone thinks I don't have much good to say about the 3.0 dci I just want to pick up on the comparitive performance vs the 2.2 as several people have commented on the additional fuel consumption not being worth it for the extra performance. That's not really correct.

The 3.0 v6 is thirstier around town, about 3 mpg or so, but Renaults extra urban figure shows that 3.0 is better on fuel for that particular test than the 2.2

Overall average is given as 29 for the 3.0 and 30 for the 2.2 so there is hardly any difference. Performance is not the same however, the v6 is 3 seconds faster to 62mph and has shed loads more torque if, like we are you use it for pulling a caravan.

OK I am talking Espace, but don't see the grande being much different.

Remember though, if you are towing a caravan the advertised 2000kg braked towing limit only applies when the vehicle is occupied by driver only who has the build of an Ethiopian marathon runner. With passengers and/or boot load the limit is reduced to 1550kg because the gearbox is made mostly from chocolate and lard.

Well, I couldn't go through a whole post without having a bit of a swipe could I?
Currently in d'espace between my ears's garage:
Nothing French!
For the best viewing experience please update your browser to Google Chrome