Renault Forums :: Independent Renault forum - View Single Post - Headlight replacement rhd-lhd

View Single Post
post #2 of (permalink) Old 22nd April 2011
Diamond member
Nominated 1 Time in 1 Post
TOTW/F/M Award(s): 0
Re: Headlight replacement rhd-lhd

I just had a go at mine, you will need to remove front bumper which is a doddle. here is some pictures from when I did it early, this was my 1st attempt. took about 1 hour to take off but only 20 mins to put back on.

Hope the pictures are helpfull.

1. pic 2, you will need to remove these clips 3 on each side.
2. pic 3, remove each plastic cover.
3. pic 4, remove more plastic clips, I think there were 4 and a couple of screws holding the top of the bumper.
4. pic 5-6, remove 2 bolts from each wheel arch lining attached to front bumper.
5. pic 7, pull the front bumper outwards, I did offside 1st.
6. pic 8, remove 2 bolts from under the car holding splash guard.
7. pic 9, pull the front bumper outwards,

!!!! IMPORTANT Make sure you disconnect the foglamps located on the nearside PIC 9 Yellow plug !!!!!!!!!!

8. pic 13, lift bumper from the top. I placed it on my trolley as not to scratch the paint.
9. pic 11, undo 2 bolts underheadlamp and 1 on top (sorry no pic of the top, but easy to find)
10. pic 12, unplug the sidelight, headlamp motor plug & main plug for the headlights and flasher.

Fit new lamps in reverse.

Hope I got the pic numbers in order.

Other members might do it in a different order, but this was my 1st time it worked.

Currently in stewartw's garage:
Grand Scenic DCI,Grand Scenic LPG, Merc A150 LPG,Merc B180 cdi, Honda Blackbird

Last edited by Lagdti; 23rd April 2011 at 12:08 PM.
The Following 3 Users Say Thank You to stewartw For This Useful Post:
csdward7200 (23rd June 2015), Lagdti (23rd April 2011), VelSatisfied (22nd April 2011)
For the best viewing experience please update your browser to Google Chrome