Renault Forums :: Independent Renault forum - View Single Post - Should I buy this 2006 Laguna II 2.0 DCi 175 GT??

View Single Post
post #9 of (permalink) Old 24th April 2011
Nominated 0 Times in 0 Posts
TOTW/F/M Award(s): 0
Cool Re: Should I buy this 2006 Laguna II 2.0 DCi 175 GT??

Hi there,

My dad bought a renault laguna 175 gt 2.0 dci hatchback last february 2010 from a traders seller in Hastings, Kent at a price of 7k

40k on the clock, immaculate conditions, all the extras as some of you mentioned; heated seats, gps (which works alright; not as user friendly as tom tom's but hey is a nice piece of kit! even better because it has got live recognition of traffic, a feature you need to pay for in tom tom's, isnt that right?), no sunroof though! two tone leather seats, electronically adjustable.... what else?? rear parking sensors, 6 speed! great fuel economy on 6th gear on the motorway, 45 mpg plus at 80mph!!
robust design, good dash quality, and interior in general is decent.
quite powerful and nippy, once the turbo kicks in, there is plenty of torque between 3000rpm and 5000rpm.

Problems so far:
- Rear brake discs and pads, this set us back nearly 300 pounds, a rip off.
- Bushes need replacements
- My dad put petrol instead of diesel! Guess what? thankfully this happened in tescos and they went shopping afterwards, so no damage occured. the car did not start on the 2nd attempt, they cleaned it and no damage as a consequence (really grateful!)
- Faulty sensors in bixenon headlights; renault dealer inspected and manually adjusted.
- Rims... these are special "smoked effect rims", but some blistering is occuring... each rim costs about 150 new.
- Third brake light - this tiny bulb is a pain to find!
- sound system is not that impressive

Not so good:
- Expect a stiffer suspension, not such a soft ride on bumps; also a bit noisy on motorway, but you can blame the pavement for that more than anything. also make sure you have michelins; we had to replace a pair of enduro tyres that were fitted previously (on front) and it made a big difference. Costco in particular offers great prices on Michelins..
- Engine is somewhat noisy on idle, but hey it's a powerful diesel!

Hope this mini review is of help.
The car is now 55 k and it has treated us well. Good experience so far and would recommend to buy this car
Currently in johann22's garage:
laguna II 1.8 16v privilege
For the best viewing experience please update your browser to Google Chrome