Renault Forums :: Independent Renault forum - View Single Post - Possible Lawsuit Against Renault

View Single Post
post #1 of (permalink) Old 26th April 2011 Thread Starter
Nominated 0 Times in 0 Posts
TOTW/F/M Award(s): 0
Possible Lawsuit Against Renault

I owned a 2005 Renault Scenic II which was bought from an authorised Renault dealer in Lancashire. Last year, we went to Australia due to work commitments and we brought our car over with us.

Recently, my wife was driving on the motorway with our 2 small children aged 1 and 3 when the instrument panel flickered and lost power. Luckily she managed to leave the motorway at the next exit but was so distressed that it took her nearly 15mins by the side of the road to calm down before calling me to get her and the kids.

I contacted Renault UK as the car was bought in UK and the local Renault was closed for the long Easter weekend. On one of the automated system, they acknowledge that there was a problem with the instrument panel and offered to replace it for GBP100 at any of the Renault authorised dealer. I spoke with the manager and was told that they will not extend that offer to me as I am not in UK, even though my car is bought in UK and still registered in UK. I feel that this is outrageous and are looking to possible file a lawsuit against Renault UK for negligent/intentional infliction of emotional distress and putting my wife and children's lives at risk knowing the the instrument panel could failed whilst the vehicle is in motion.

Anyone have any feedbacks for me or suggestions? Thanks.
  5 Lastest Threads by asyadiqin
Thread Forum Last Poster Replies Views Last Post
Clicking Sound On Right Rear Wheel Electronics lancs dave 13 2665 4th November 2012 12:27 AM
Scenic II Alarm Goes Off Intermittently Electronics cph1984 1 970 29th April 2011 09:01 AM
Possible Lawsuit Against Renault Cars & motoring asyadiqin 12 2360 26th April 2011 03:02 PM
For the best viewing experience please update your browser to Google Chrome