Renault Forums :: Independent Renault forum - View Single Post - Interior light problem-Laguna Sports Tourer

View Single Post
post #5 of (permalink) Old 24th August 2006 Thread Starter
Diamond member
Nominated 0 Times in 0 Posts
TOTW/F/M Award(s): 0
Further to my previous post, I have as I said read the thread which is in the poll section and I am not convinced that this is the problem, if I may make my explanation clearer and give three scenarios:

(1) When I get into the vehicle the interior lights come on as usual, I insert the card start the engine and the lights slowly go off.

(2) When I have a passenger both get in the car lights come on, start the car, the lights go off as they should do.

(3) I stop the vehicle and leave the engine running and the passenger gets in the car the interior lights then stay on and remain on for some time. Eventually they go out, I believe there is something that does this after 15 minutes.

From reading the post concerning the card reader it would appear that all the lights stay on for whatever reason. Mine only give problems when the engine is running and a front passenger gets in.

The garage from whom I bought the car say there is nothing wrong with the card reader (they are a company with connections to a main Renault dealer)

In my honest opinion for what it is worth I cannot understand why everything works OK other that when the car is used as described in (3) above. If it was the card reader as suggested it surely would apply in respect of all the situations described.

I suppose I must make sure that everytime I stop the vehicle to pick up the wife I should turn the engine off. Anyway thanks for listening to me.

Currently in DeeBeeS's garage:
2001 Renault Laguna Sports Tourer 16v 1600
For the best viewing experience please update your browser to Google Chrome