Renault Forums :: Independent Renault forum - View Single Post - Possible Lawsuit Against Renault

View Single Post
post #7 of (permalink) Old 26th April 2011
Technical Supremo

Nominated 16 Times in 67 Posts
Nominated TOTW/F/M Award(s): 28
Thanked 5,200 Times in 4,712 Posts
Re: Possible Lawsuit Against Renault

Could have been worse if a tyre had blown out under thse conditions or a stone had shattered the windscreen. I would think it would be difficult to successfully make a claim when the integral safety of the car didn't fail. But sure if you want to go for a claim that is entirely your choice.

Renault UK is an independent company that deals with cars in the UK and in all honesty I doubt if they would have any legal responsibilty to repair the dash outside European Law.

Yes such situations can be daunting to an inexperienced driver but all drivers should expect the unexpected and hopefully she will gain valuable experience from this event.

Many moons ago I was driving a white Vauxhall van at 70 mph on the outer lane of the motorway and suddenly the cab was filled with steam (a heater hose had blown). I had no front vision whatsoever. Thankfully i had the sense to wind down the side window keep the evhocle parallell with the central reservation - switch on my hazard warning lights and gradualy make my way onto the hard shoulder. So in effect your wife coped very well indeed under the circumstances.
Currently in madnoel10's garage:
Honda Civic 1.4l
For the best viewing experience please update your browser to Google Chrome