Renault Forums :: Independent Renault forum - View Single Post - Anyone ever had to claim against the AA?

View Single Post
post #2 of (permalink) Old 26th April 2011
Technical Supremo

Nominated 16 Times in 67 Posts
Nominated TOTW/F/M Award(s): 28
Thanked 5,200 Times in 4,712 Posts
Re: Anyone ever had to claim against the AA?

Personally I wouldn't use any easy-start product on any diesel engine as I have seen engines serously damaged (cracked pistons, damaged injectors, etc) by the use of such. In fact I know of one guy who was actually killed by an exploding manifold.

But having said that I can't see using it could cause either a turbo or fuel pump failure. Spraying injector cleaner into the engine owuld only cause it to run for a very short period and at fairly low rpm so for the engine to rev at 5,000 to 6,000 rpm it would need another fuel supply and in this case judging from the smoke the supply was the engine oil . The most likely route being via failed turbo oil seals.

To be successful in any claim you would need to prove the AA man was negligent or contributed to the problems. For this you would need an independent engineers report which showed there was a direct causal link between his actions and any subsequent loss. Also I would expect an engineer to insist on a compolete engine strip down before he/she could come to any firm conclusions.

Also do you know the exact product that wa sprayed into the intake?
Currently in madnoel10's garage:
Honda Civic 1.4l
For the best viewing experience please update your browser to Google Chrome