Renault Forums :: Independent Renault forum - View Single Post - Near Miss Accidents Have You Any?

View Single Post
post #1 of (permalink) Old 24th August 2006
A former member
Near Miss Accidents Have You Any?

I would like to ask others to recant their near misses

I am In the Middle lane of the roundabout my intention was to go straight on into the outside lane of the dual two lane section of the carriageway.

A small blue Rover car cuts in front moving right to left in front forcing me to move sharply over to the near side portion of the road (dual carriageway ) at the same moment a Shell fuel tanker in the side street which is situated on the exit to the roundabout decides to move over onto the dual carriageway directly into my new chosen path i.e the nearside lane, at that split second I had to brake hard and then move out again in a kind of zig zag and accelerating hard in order to avoid the tanker.

I was decelerating at the time of the cameras activation. There was no way that I could have avoided the situation unfolding as it did.

I can only say how lucky we the persons in the car were.

If it had not been for a well built Renault Megane that responded at the time we needed it to, then I don't know what the extent of the accident would have been.

This happened 24th Aug 2006
For the best viewing experience please update your browser to Google Chrome