Renault Forums :: Independent Renault forum - View Single Post - Looking at car tomorrow - advice needed

View Single Post
post #3 of (permalink) Old 30th April 2011
Diamond member
Nominated 0 Times in 0 Posts
TOTW/F/M Award(s): 0
Re: Looking at car tomorrow - advice needed

Hello. I could do with a little more information on the particular car you're looking at, but I'll talk about the Clio II, assuming that's the one.
1. Common Faults: none that I'm aware of, except that the sunroofs rattle and you might get some other trim rattles.
2. MPG: I get between 66-73 mpg every week with a mixture of mainly motorway and A-road driving. The economy these little engines offer is superb - way beyond any hybrid or modern green special.
3. Power: either 65 bhp (dCi script on front door all silver); 80 bhp (blue i) or 100 bhp (blue Ci). The 65 is probably a little sluggish, the 80 just about perfect and the 100 is very uncommon.
Make sure your prospective purchase has been thoroughly serviced (must have a new cambelt at 72,000 miles) at least every 18,000 miles and has generally been looked after.
General reliability is excellent. Mine has done almost 94,000 miles without any faults, and feels as good as it did when new.
If the car is a good example, do not have mixed feelings about it. Purchase it, spend some money on a nice new set of tyres if needed and enjoy. After all, there aren't many cars in which 100 miles costs just 10.00 in diesel.
Currently in mrtotty's garage:
2011 Clio dCi 88 Expression Eco
For the best viewing experience please update your browser to Google Chrome