Renault Forums :: Independent Renault forum - View Single Post - Renault Scenic 1 - Window Regulator Repair With Pics

View Single Post
post #1 of (permalink) Old 30th April 2011 Thread Starter
Banned User
Nominated 2 Times in 4 Posts
Nominated TOTW/F/M Award(s): 2
Renault Scenic 1 - Window Regulator Repair With Pics

I'm posting this hoping it may help other, I have had to repir both of my windows using kits bought on ebay and took these pics while doing it.

I hope the following helps others

Wll first you have to remove to door panel

Speaker and various screws need removing as well as the electrical window buttons and door release

Take note of where and how the door impact plastics sit, if you get it wrong it wrong the door panel wont sit correctly

Just push all the wiring looms into the recess to help you remove the panel, keep a note of which screw relates to speakers, door panel, and the door release etc.

Notice how the regulator hooks into the body work and is attached by two bolts

Remove these and unhook the wiring loom from the window regulator motor, no doubt you may have a mess of cables and broken clips at this stage, don't worry just remove the lot.

You'll have to remove the top part of the casing to get access to the cables, remove the old stuff, my kit came with a new wheel, clips for each end of the regulator bat and window slider and glass retainer clips.

*****Important bit****

Make sure you trace the other ends of the two cables back into the corner clips and sliding part that runs along the metal bar before winding the cables around the wheel!

It's tricky but you need to wind the cable (both ends with hook into the wheel) in opposite directions feeding the other ends through that metal casing (take note of the whits clips on the casing)

Notice how the sliding plastic part sits on the bar

Finished product

One you are at this stage you need to pull the cables tight, the two white clips on the outer metal casing covering the wheel are spring loade, two hands are better but i did manage it on my own, it needs a bit of strength to pull them tight, i removed the two clips (they just slide off) and sliped them back on when pulling them tight, you'll understand it once you see it.

Obviously putting it all back it just the reverse.

I may tweak this post later (have two naughty kids pestering me)

Hope this helps others to save some cash

My kit was bought outside of the UK on Ebay but was top notch when I rec'd it.

Good luck, hope this helps someone else
Currently in chrisstew's garage:
Scenic Grande 1.9 diesel 2006

Last edited by Lagdti; 30th April 2011 at 02:45 PM.
The Following 15 Users Say Thank You to chrisstew For This Useful Post:
12tlre (27th July 2015), benjamindordoigne (13th December 2011), davechelseafan (11th June 2015), dodgy raptor (18th December 2011), hrg207 (15th August 2013), Lagdti (30th April 2011), LeonvdV (14th December 2013), navimon (15th December 2013), pauldbarnes1969 (30th November 2011), paulusx12 (23rd July 2011), RichD (28th June 2012), smellyscenic (26th February 2015), Snooper63 (7th October 2012), timo182 (29th July 2013)
  5 Lastest Threads by chrisstew
Thread Forum Last Poster Replies Views Last Post
Almost there' I think, need advice on last bit of... Brakes/Hubs chrisstew 1 1417 10th May 2012 09:34 PM
Fitting a pressure switch for air con fault -... Electronics chrisstew 4 12139 19th May 2011 06:38 PM
Can Clip software sucess and failures Electronics 43 20059 15th May 2011 08:27 PM
EGR dismantle, clean, and motor test, with pics !! Engines MBrickles 69 90829 11th May 2011 09:16 PM
Renault Scenic 1 - Window Regulator Repair With... Scenic Coert Rademeyer 21 66718 30th April 2011 02:03 PM
For the best viewing experience please update your browser to Google Chrome