Renault Forums :: Independent Renault forum - View Single Post - To Buy or not to buy 53 Renault Laguna 1.9 turbo

View Single Post
post #1 of (permalink) Old 1st May 2011 Thread Starter
Nominated 0 Times in 0 Posts
TOTW/F/M Award(s): 0
Question To Buy or not to buy 53 Renault Laguna 1.9 turbo

The company I work for has a 53 reg Laguna 1.9 turbo it has 205000 miles on it and they have had from a year old.
The work I know of thats been done to the car is:
New gear box about 2 years ago.
two new alloys on front.
New brake servo.
New brake calipers discs and brakes.
I seem to remember it needing quite a lot of work done on the front suspension about 3 years ago to go through its MOT.

Work I can see it still Needs:
Clunking noise from rear of car every time you go over a bump (Take it this will be bushes)
a 2nd hand CD player (Not a Renault one) has been put in and doesn't work off the stalk on the steering wheel.
When you are braking the pedal creeps down.
The drivers seat has a rip in it.
The gear knob's leather cover has gone missing.
The key card falls out of its slot.
The Central locking makes a strange high pitch noise when you press to unlock all the doors.

I think I have put myself off buying the car already with that list. I haven't enquired about price or how long the MOT & tax have, Cant be long.

What do you guy's think?
Are the above jobs easy and not costly?
Is their something with a Laguna this age and this amount of miles that might go wrong soon.
How much do you think it would be worth.

Currently in scottbell's garage:
2002 Renault Kangoo 1.5dci Van
  5 Lastest Threads by scottbell
Thread Forum Last Poster Replies Views Last Post
Renualt Kangoo Van 1.5 DCI 52 Reg. Engines madnoel10 1 3224 15th May 2011 03:39 PM
To Buy or not to buy 53 Renault Laguna 1.9 turbo Cars & motoring tomshine 4 1277 1st May 2011 07:19 AM
2002 1.5 dci Renault Kangoo Van some problems Electronics scottbell 2 5189 30th April 2011 08:15 PM
For the best viewing experience please update your browser to Google Chrome