Renault Forums :: Independent Renault forum - View Single Post - Renault Scenic II - Access the resistor pack in 5 mins.

View Single Post
post #167 of (permalink) Old 1st May 2011
Nominated 0 Times in 2 Posts
Nominated TOTW/F/M Award(s): 1
Re: Renault Scenic II - Access the resistor pack in 5 mins.

Hi all i have just repaired my heater resister part no:7313N1020 on my 2008 model as I had no heater speed at all . Followed the instructions and pictures on recent thread to find out that I have the green large and small connections. And also held in with only one screw, which is an absolute pain to get too. Using the wifes make-up mirror to assist me. After taking a few bits of skin off my wrists I managed to get the resistor pack out. Only to find out that the connections, i.e large and small green ones were hard to un clip, certainly not as easy than 1,2, and 3. Managed to get them out taking a little more skin off the wrist, and noticed that were the black wires go into the resistor pack was slightly melted. And the soldering on the back of the circuit board was discoloured.So i re-soldered were the black wire goes on the big block of the circuit board. So this is were it gets tricky. I noticed on the small block were the black wire goes on to the terminal on the resistor pack had melted a lot more, and looked like it was touching the red wire terminal. So I un-soldered the black wire terminal pulled it out of the circuit board and block altogether. Cleaned up the terminal, and were it had melted in the green block used a 2mm drill bit to clean out the green block were the terminal goes. As it was dis-formed. I got the terminal and a little tiny bit of wiring sleeve, sandwiched them together and gentle put them back into the green block. Hopefully seperating the red and black terminals apart. Re-solded the terminal back to the circuit board and re-fitted to the car. AND IT WORKS!! Saving myself a small fortune. I have noticed that some of these resistor packs are selling on ebay for around 40, they look the same but some of them have different part numbers. Hope this helps.
Currently in mseh's garage:
grand scenic 2008 1.9dci non FAB
For the best viewing experience please update your browser to Google Chrome