Renault Forums :: Independent Renault forum - View Single Post - To Buy or Not to Buy?

View Single Post
post #6 of (permalink) Old 3rd May 2011 Thread Starter
Nominated 0 Times in 0 Posts
TOTW/F/M Award(s): 0
Re: To Buy or Not to Buy?

The garage wants 1200.

The did a valuation on mine saying that they would want mine plus 200, for the estate.

I had a good look round this is what I found:
Pass H/light of a lower specc'd laguna, front panels need tightening, Rear Pass door has the sensor under the handle, Rear wiper pin drops out, Rear screen doesn't shut, All 4 tyres need replacing soon, Discs look like it's been sat a while, Rear bumper and trim needs replacing or spraying (black coloured) . Check rear floor and straight. Front drivers door card, rear carpet, drivers seat, climate unit, after market headunit, need replacing. Interior needs a GOOD clean. Looks like they've bought it as a repairable, not checked it over, as there's still about 30p in the ashtray, Wheels need swapping to see if the sensor reset.
Top it all off the car wouldn't start!!! The garage said that if the car goes through it's Mot easily, then he'd do a straight swap for mine. Mine's like a new car compared.
I looked at it because I could get rid of mine, get that and a few hundred quid to do the repairs with. Don't think i'd get my wish, As he's said that they've had loads ask about it then in another breath, sai because of all the hassle he might put it to auction.!
Currently in lex.andrews's garage:
SAAB 9-5 2.3lpt SE Saloon. Renault Laguna 1.8 Privilege Sport Tourer.
For the best viewing experience please update your browser to Google Chrome