Renault Forums :: Independent Renault forum - View Single Post - Scenic II as learner car?

View Single Post
post #12 of (permalink) Old 5th May 2011
Platinum member
Nominated 0 Times in 2 Posts
Nominated TOTW/F/M Award(s): 1
Send a message via MSN to Azurael
Re: Scenic II as learner car?

I don't get the size thing... If you're too nervous to drive a proper car, you shouldn't be trying to drive at all... Perhaps that's why so few drivers actually seem to know how wide their vehicles are and thus cause infuriating traffic jams waiting where two cars (or in cases previously demonstrated, even two vans) could easily pass (or perhaps that's another Westcountry thing ) And the Scenic is not a big car, by any means - yes, it's bigger than a supermini, but it's only really taller than a small family car and I see Focus(es)(i)(')[Delete as appropriate], Ashtrays and similar with 'L' plates on all the time. Plus, correct me if I'm wrong as I've never driven one, but I'd imagine they're fairly easy to manoeuvre - a nice big rear window on a car with a non-slopey back should help prevent reversing mishaps (I still maintain that my Lag1 estate was easier to park than either of the hatches that followed for reasons of rear visibility alone!) and they have a nice, upright driving position with what looks like quite good all-round visibility (bar the 'A' pillars, of course, which are horrible on all modern cars.)

All murderers are punished unless they kill in large numbers and to the sound of trumpets. - Voltaire
Currently in Azurael's garage:
TEB64 (Cosmic Grey) 2001 'Y' Laguna II 1.8 16v Privilege Tourer (KG0B F4P-770)/TED44 (Odyssey Blue) 2001 'Y' Laguna II 1.8 16v 'Expressionale' Hatch (BG0B F4P-770)
For the best viewing experience please update your browser to Google Chrome