Renault Forums :: Independent Renault forum - View Single Post - towing caravan .. need advice

View Single Post
post #6 of (permalink) Old 25th August 2006
Platinum member
Nominated 0 Times in 7 Posts
Nominated TOTW/F/M Award(s): 8
Originally Posted by chakota
thanks again horatio .... will look into it. All i got to do now is get on a single lane road and hold up rest of traffic ..... lol . and to think i used to hate being behind a caravan .
"Where are you going on holiday this year?"
"Along B-roads mainly, unless we can get a really wide caravan, then we'll block up some of the arterials."

Alexei Sayle at his best (I think David Renwick was writing a lot of his stuff at the time.)

I still hate being stuck behind caravans, trucks, farm vehicles, OAP's in Metros, or in fact anything that's preventing me from doing the legal speed limit when it would be perfectly safe to do so. My attitude with the caravan was 'If you can't beat them, join them.'

One thing you will notice is that some of the worst offenders are car drivers, plodding along at ludicrously low speeds. With the extra weight and length (stop sniggering at the back) you'll find these cretins a lot more difficult to safely overtake, and sometimes you'll be stuck behind them for quite a while.
Currently in Horatio's garage:
2010 Laguna III Initiale.
For the best viewing experience please update your browser to Google Chrome