Renault Forums :: Independent Renault forum - View Single Post - towing caravan .. need advice

View Single Post
post #7 of (permalink) Old 25th August 2006
Banned User
Curveball Champion
Nominated 9 Times in 16 Posts
Nominated TOTW/F/M Award(s): 10
Thanked 3,511 Times in 2,879 Posts
Originally Posted by Horatio
One thing you will notice is that some of the worst offenders are car drivers, plodding along at ludicrously low speeds. With the extra weight and length (stop sniggering at the back) you'll find these cretins a lot more difficult to safely overtake, and sometimes you'll be stuck behind them for quite a while.
Too gawd damned true Horatio!!

The trouble is the cars stuck at the back can't see the flat cap in front of you doing 35ish MPH, holding everyone up!!

But some peeps are just total d**ks!!!
I had the misplaced pleasure while towing of following another caravaner, right behind following him was a solo car (a$$e) about 3 yards off the back of the van.

After following them both, at 35/40MPH for gawd knows how long the penny finally dropped they were together, the guy in the solo car must have been afraid of getting lost, no matter how much I flashed this g*t he still stuck it out still remaining around 3 yards from the back of the caravan in front.

JC!!!! I really wanted to ram this bassard.

I finally stopped and had a coffee; maybe 15 minutes later we were back on the road again. Well within half an hour I was right behind these two t*ats again, but this time with luck on my side, a long straight downhill stretch, I easily went past them both.

OMG once past them both I really, really wanted to slow right down to about 20MPH and block the road off enough so neither one of these g*ts could get past, but concerns for traffic following them, dictated that I didnít.
Currently in hondo's garage:
1.6 Valve-Matic SR. Red hot, toasty feet.
For the best viewing experience please update your browser to Google Chrome