Renault Forums :: Independent Renault forum - View Single Post - TDC Sensor Replacement (with pictures!)

View Single Post
post #225 of (permalink) Old 8th May 2011
Nominated 0 Times in 0 Posts
TOTW/F/M Award(s): 0
Re: Scenic 1.6 auto

Originally Posted by raananh View Post
I had the same problems as smiggles. It was a very frustrating job - I just finished it - took me several hours to remove and reinsert the sensor.
I unscrewed three bolts that held the main wiring loom - this allowed me to lift it a few millimeters. Along with some WD40 on loom's bottom eased the release of the TDC sensor.
Since the room for play is very little the position of the sensor when being removed and reinserted is very important. For me - it was with the the washers side up - that is when removing it I tried to lift the sensor and rotate it counter-clockwise so that the magnet that was facing the flying wheel was now facing the battery side - and then slide it away from me to the firewall side. Same route for reinserting it.
I've had the same difficulty and took photos of this different mounting bracket on my Scenic 1.6auto Nov 2000. But I can't get them to upload here. I'm waiting for a response from the administrators.
Currently in erniefoster's garage:
Scenic 1.6 auto; Clio 1.4 auto
For the best viewing experience please update your browser to Google Chrome