Renault Forums :: Independent Renault forum - View Single Post - Renault Clio 2003 - Engines - Loss of power and Warning Light

View Single Post
post #163 of (permalink) Old 8th May 2011
Nominated 0 Times in 0 Posts
TOTW/F/M Award(s): 0
Smile Re: Renault Clio 2003 - Engines - Loss of power and Warning Light

Hi all,
I drive a 51 reg 2001 clio 87k on the clock,my problem was as follows.
Car driving fine, running smooth no misfires no loss of power etc,UNTIL i came to a stop in traffic, at lights or even just stopping sometimes. I read a few different threads on this forum and decided to go down the route of getting my throttle body taken off and cleaned, not being too technically minded i went to a local independent garage and was charged the princely sum of 30.
It has now been 2 weeks and a couple of hundred miles and i've had no more trouble (hope i haven't jinxed it!).
The reason i went for this option is that i had already changed the coil pack, had a new main earth fitted.
My thinking was that at 30 it was cheaper(by far) than a renault diagnostic and that would have been my next option.

This has been my first post on this or any other forum.
With the posts on this forum i have even though not "car minded" i have managed to.
1. Change coil pack.
2. Change windscreen washer pump,and save 35 on the part alone.
3. Fit new hazard warning switch.
4. Change pollen filter.
5. Changed indicator bulb.

So thanks again to those who take the time to post on here, and keep the advice in the simplest terms for us caraphobes,(is that a word).
Currently in ihatecars's garage:
51 reg 1.2 16v clio
For the best viewing experience please update your browser to Google Chrome