Renault Forums :: Independent Renault forum - View Single Post - How to actually test drive a car?

View Single Post
post #1 of (permalink) Old 8th May 2011 Thread Starter
Nominated 0 Times in 0 Posts
TOTW/F/M Award(s): 0
Question How to actually test drive a car?

Hello all, and really pleased I found such a great online resource. :-D

I know the title of my thread may sound a very strange question but I am 26 and I've never actually bought a new car before. My first car was a Vauxhall Corsa 53 plate who I bought from a family member and was put at ease that everything was ok, which it was I could not of asked for more for my first car 5 years ago.

The time has now come to part-exchange my car and upgrade to a nearly new September 2010 60 Plate Renault Megane Dynamique 1.5 dci TomTom edition. The dealer (Evans Halshaw) presented by the deal that seems great and more importantly affordable and within my budget, I have spent a few weeks researching the car and really pleased what Renault have achieved.

However back to my questions what are the main things I need to be testing on my test drive? is it a fair question to leave some sort of security and be allowed to test drive my car without the dealer present to have a clear head and really evaluate my decision? (I***8217;ve already had a 10 minute test drive around the area, but not what I would call a thorough check)

What sort of things do I need to be checking is there any tests I can do to check ABS, traction control etc? I've paid 9.99 and completed at check via and have nothing to report. However is there anything else Renault customer services can tell me about the car especially the remaining warranty?

I'm not a mechanic but I do have common sense, and any information would be greatly appreciated in this what I can say a pretty scary decision, I totally understand why people say its the biggest decision of your life second to my mortgage.

Thanks in advance and once again hello to everyone.
  5 Lastest Threads by Chriscuk18
Thread Forum Last Poster Replies Views Last Post
How to actually test drive a car? Cars & motoring Mike11 3 891 8th May 2011 06:33 PM
For the best viewing experience please update your browser to Google Chrome