Renault Forums :: Independent Renault forum - View Single Post - Rear Engine Mounting

View Single Post
post #1 of (permalink) Old 25th August 2006 Thread Starter
Nominated 0 Times in 0 Posts
TOTW/F/M Award(s): 0
Rear Engine Mounting

Hi Everyone!

I have recently changed to a late 1998 Scenic RT DTI. I mention 'late 1998' because I believe the Scenic had a bit of a revamp during that year. I am experiencing a very pronounced clonk coupled with violent gear lever movement when I switch off the engine or change from accelerating to deccelerating at low speeds. My suspicions lead to believe its an engine mounting problem (confirmed by the previous owner). My Haynes manual only goes up to 1998 and the illustrations of the three engine mountings aren't identical to the ones on my car so it seems they were modified towards the end of 1998. If the rear mounting system is similar to the one shown in my book it seems it comprises a hydraulic damper to absorb the sort of movement I'm experiencing so I'm of the opinion that this is probably the culprit. I know this sounds silly, but I can't find it. It doesn't seem to be where the book describes it's location on the earlier models so I'm mystified. Can someone please put me out of my misery and give me a clue as to where it is and whether it's a DIY job. Many thanks.

5 Lastest Threads by yetisurfer
Thread Forum Last Poster Replies Views Last Post
Scenic dci aux.belt tensioner rattle Engines madnoel10 15 4597 27th May 2008 11:04 PM
Rear Engine Mounting Cars & motoring Lagdti 5 1538 25th August 2006 08:47 PM
Auto Transmission problem on Scenic Transmissions daredavid 11 3800 1st March 2006 09:13 AM
For the best viewing experience please update your browser to Google Chrome