Renault Forums :: Independent Renault forum - View Single Post - Thule tilting bikerack - defeated by an Espace!

View Single Post
post #2 of (permalink) Old 9th May 2011
Nominated 0 Times in 0 Posts
TOTW/F/M Award(s): 0
Re: Thule tilting bikerack - defeated by an Espace!

hi Mike
not sure if this will be of any help for you but you never know, i own a 56 plate grand espace and have just fitted a towbar still need to sort the electrics (A lot of head scratching) i use a Thule 9708 four bike towball mounted rack that lowers down out of the way just fine so not sure if a change could be an option. As for use of the roof bars i needed to buy a roofbox for holidays to france which after calling around i was told i needed to purchase new bars to fit, i didnt believe to be true so set about a long internet search, after many hours i came across some roof bar adapters on ebay , which basically take out the curve of the bars. i then took advantage of an offer at halfords for 50% off roofboxes and now have a 580ltr box that fits just fine. i have done a quick search on ebay and i have found another set the item list number is 290562086833. i hope some of this helps.

Item specifics

Condition: New: A brand-new, unused, unopened and undamaged item in original retail packaging (where packaging is applicable). If the item comes direct from a manufacturer, it may be delivered in non-retail packaging, such as a plain or unprinted box or plastic bag. See the seller's listing for full details. See all condition definitions- opens in a new window or tab... Read moreabout the condition

J&A Motor Supplies

Visit my eBay Shop
For the best viewing experience please update your browser to Google Chrome