Renault Forums :: Independent Renault forum - View Single Post - Scenic 11 electric windows - 3 not working - now solved by me - dealer deceit !

View Single Post
post #6 of (permalink) Old 10th May 2011
Technical Supremo

Nominated 16 Times in 67 Posts
Nominated TOTW/F/M Award(s): 28
Thanked 5,201 Times in 4,712 Posts
Re: Scenic 11 electric windows - 3 not working - now solved by me - dealer deceit !

Something had to be amiss and the chances of 3 window regulators mechanically failing at the same time must be slim so the liklihood is probably an electrcial fault.

Have you asked the garage why the window regulators were disconnected? Could they have disconnected them to ensure they didn't open themselves if the vehicle was going to be left outside for instance.

It is not an unknown problem whereby the UCH can go crazy. One or two members of the forum have reported parking their cars and on return found windows open.

The electronic control units on the end of the motors are prone to water ingress.

If it were mine I would be seeking the reason as to why they failed and hope and pray the problem doesn't return.

I appreciate the garage may have not dealt with the faults properly in this case but without a reason for the primary failure it would be difficult to know for sure as to what originally occurred.
Currently in madnoel10's garage:
Honda Civic 1.4l
For the best viewing experience please update your browser to Google Chrome