Starter Motor was playing up but at the time it seemed like the battery wasn't giving enough power. Battery was knackered so I got a new battery and the starting problem went away. For a while anyway.
I used the car several times this day and ended up in the petrol station but when I tried to start the car ... it wouldn't start. I have lights and the fuel pump buzzzzzz and a click then nothing. RAC guy came eventually and checked it out and confirmed the starter motor was knackered. Towed me home. Spent a whole week trying to get someone to sort it out and finally get someone to lift the car to the local starter motor expert.
He said the started motor was smashed up inside and he fitted a new starter motor but the car still won't start so he tried another one with same result. He's checked the leads etc. He's had 2 other mechanics look it over and they are all baffled. They also rang the local Renault garage for advice but they are baffled too.
Prior to this the car was running fine and had no problem starting first turn of the key. Recently serviced (brakes and
filter) prior to MOT which it sailed through. Any ideas would be appreciated. I am desperate to get my car back.
I have noticed the amount of people posting about immobiliser and key fob problems so: For info. When I first got this car a year ago I had intermittent immobiliser problems. I took it to Renault garage, they said I needed a new key which they ordered from France. £150! Two weeks later, they had ordered the wrong key! Then they ordered the right key, another two weeks. Key arrived but it didn't make any difference. They wanted to put a new
in. Yikes! Thanks to these forums I stopped them from doing that and told them about the water seepage through the aeriel in the roof. It was a job and a half to get them to believe me but eventually they put the car onto their diagnostic wotsit and it showed damp in the sensor. Eureka! They phoned me and said that the sensor was damp and needed replacing. NO! I cried :banghead: . Please listen carefully I said. Remove the aerial in the roof and stick some sticky something or other (can't think what it's called) waterproof anyway edit sealant, and put the aerial back in the roof and hey presto, problem solved. Ok so they charged me for the key but not for programming it. It's always good to have a spare key. PS I also demanded the bypass code in case I got stuck again. They were reluctant but they gave in. The code comes from France which they can get by email. Obviously you have to prove ownership.