Renault Forums :: Independent Renault forum - View Single Post - Renault Laguna II 1.9Dci - Engines - Hesitation Cured after EGR cleaned

View Single Post
post #200 of (permalink) Old 16th May 2011
Nominated 0 Times in 0 Posts
TOTW/F/M Award(s): 0
Re: Renault Laguna II 1.9Dci - Engines - Hesitation Cured after EGR cleaned

Afternoon all,

I just signed up today to the forum, but this post came in very useful at the weekend. My DCI was running poorly for a few weeks, with signs of unburnt
fuel on the back bumper.

I followed the guide and got the EGR out eventually and gave it a good clean, although the car is running much better, I noticed that I still get a strange noise under hard accelleration..... The noise sounds like air escaping under pressure, however on quick inspection the turbo pipes etc look ok.

I did notice that the plastic shutoff valve bolted to the inlet manifold was missing
a gasket, I assumed it should have had an o-ring seal, so will need to get one.

The question is, is the pipe connecting to this part coming from the intercooler ? and if so how much pressure is going through this joint, as the noice I get sounds like air escaping through a small gap.

I've also discovered that I should be able to get my finger through the ports in the inlet manifold, so I'll need to remove the EGR again get them properly cleaned as carb cleaner runs through the outer one, but not a significant amount, so the flow is likely to be restricated.

Are there any tips for cleaning the deposits from these ports without bits dropping where they shouldn't ?

Many thanks.
For the best viewing experience please update your browser to Google Chrome