Renault Forums :: Independent Renault forum - View Single Post - Need some guidance

View Single Post
post #1 of (permalink) Old 18th May 2011 Thread Starter
Nominated 0 Times in 0 Posts
TOTW/F/M Award(s): 0
Question Need some guidance

I was made redundant earlier this year and to raise some funds we recently sold our 57 reg VW Touran and have been searching for alternative older 7 seaters around the 3500 mark.

Anyway I saw a lovely Grand Scenic local to me on sale for 3295 - 55 reg with 33,000 miles on it. It's in excellent condition and drove well on it's set run out. It's the 1.6 VVT dynamique model.

I had a good look around the car and noticed it needed a couple of tyres and some brake pads at the back so negotiated a price of 2950 and shook on the deal.

After leaving a 50 deposit I am due to pick the car up tomorrow and pay the remainder of the money.

However after reading about some of the things that seem to be common problems such as the electronic handbrake module, the dephaser issue and other electrical problems I'm wondering whether to back out and just lose the 50 deposit.

I love the style and interior of the GS but just what is the likelihood of experiencing a 600 issue given the age of the car/mileage?

Currently in Markm49uk's garage:
2003 Toyota Yaris T-Sport 1.5 VVT, 2005 Grand Scenic 1.6 VVT
  5 Lastest Threads by Markm49uk
Thread Forum Last Poster Replies Views Last Post
Need some guidance Cars & motoring Markm49uk 14 2167 18th May 2011 03:04 PM
For the best viewing experience please update your browser to Google Chrome